USB 3.1 Type-C Overview
USB Type-C has a new feature called Alternate Modes which allows you to use non-USB connections with the USB-C cable and connection.Your device automatically uses the appropriate mode if it's supported.
TOTU Docking Station Usage Instruction
1. Please make sure the USB-C port of your laptop support DisplayPort Alt Mode and Power Delivery before purchase. TOTU docking station is incompatible with the USB-A to USB-C Adapter.
2. Please connect the DC power supply to the TOTU docking station and make sure the light indicator is on first.
3. Connect the underside USB-C port with a laptop signal to your host device with an attached USB-C cable.
4. To use the Display Ports,please go to official Display Link or contact TOTU support to download and install the driver first. Only DP ports need driver to work.
5. Connect the laptop and external monitors with HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.4 cable and wait for a few seconds to extend the laptop to your monitor. If all of your external monitors only have HDMI ports,and you should use DP to HDMI cable(not HDMI to DP cable)to connect the DP side to the TOTU dock,and HDMI side to your monitors.
Display connection be limited
Make sure the device you're connecting to is supported and that you're using the right cable. Please make sure to use HDMI2.0/DP1.4 or above cables for optimum performance.
DisplayPort connection might not work
1. Update your system to the newest > Download driver from: Displaylink website > Uninstall, install the drivers and restart your laptop > For MacOS users, please tick the “DisplayLinkUserAgent” in the “Security & Privacy” after installed the drivers.
2. Please note that uni-directional cables couldn’t connect with the opposite polarity. For example, DP to HDMI cable only work with DisplayPort as the output and HDMI as the input, HDMI to DP cable only work with HDMI as the output and DisplayPort as the input.
3. Your monitor may not choose the right video signal automatically, please choose HDMI/DP as needed by setting your monitor.
4. If the external displays are recognized, please reduce monitor resolution to solve this issue. Please find the Display setting or Intel Graphics Control Panel, operate resolution and refresh rate as needed.
Try these solutions
1. Make sure your device and cable supports the same USB-C features as the TOTU docking station.
2. Make sure the docking station is connected directly to your host device.
3. Make sure the docking station is connected to the USB-C port on your host device that supports the correct Alternate Mode.
4. For example if you're connecting a USB 3.1 Gen2（Type C） Alt Mode device make sure you connect to the USB-C port that supports Displayport alt mode and power delivery.
The docking station you connected to has new features for USB-C that your host device or connect cable doesn’t support.
The docking station isn't connected to the correct USB-C port on your host device.
The device is using an external hub or dock to connect to the docking station.
Too many other Alternate Mode devices or dongles are connected to your host device.
Plug in this USB C Docking Station sometimes will change the default Audio output device to Docking Station which means your laptop speakers will not work anymore.
To make your laptop speaker work please change in your laptop OS setting the audio output device back to laptop speakers.
USB Accessories Disabled Solutions
Solution 1 Please unplug and re-plug.
Solution 2 Reset the SMC of your device.